Videostudio lets you preview and edit clips before adding them to your video.
When editing a video using Corel’s Videostudio, learning adjust and edit the sound clips can help you create better video clips. Videostudio is a piece of video editing software, and the latest version, Pro X3, supports HD quality videos and has a library of studio-quality sounds available to use. As well as this, you can record narration with the aid of a microphone, import audio tracks from CDs and edit the included audio clips to suit your project better. Learning operate the basic sound editing functions on Videostudio Pro X3 can make your videos much more professional in quality.
1. Click the “Audio” tab to bring up the options for audio editing. This tab is in the center of the display screen in Videostudio Pro X3, shown by a musical note icon. On older versions of the program, such as Pro X2, the “Audio” tab is at the top of the screen.
2. Select an audio clip from the library of clips included with Videostudio. The library of available clips is displayed in the top right-hand corner of the display screen. To preview a clip, left click it and then press the “Play” button on the left-hand side of the screen. You can use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to select audio clips from elsewhere on your computer or a CD. This menu is located directly above the library of clips.
3. Click the “Set Mood” button if you want to edit a Videostudio clip before adding it to your video. This brings up the options for “Mood” editing. Videostudio splits each track up into its component parts and gives you the option of turning any one of them up or down with the use of the slider controls in the center of the window. Alternatively, you can use the drop-down menu to access pre-set configurations, such as “Dialogue,” which brings the levels down so that you can hear dialogue over the backing track.
4. Click on the “Add to Timeline” button on the right-hand side of the screen to add the slip to your project. The edited clip will appear in the audio field of the project, which is located at the very bottom of the screen. You can add up to three audio tracks and one narration track. To display more, click on the “Track Manager” icon. This is located at the top of the light grey column on the left hand side of the screen.
5. Right-click the desired audio clip to add a “filter” to the clip. “Filter” is Videostudio-speak for an effect. Select “Audio Filter” from the pop-up menu. This will bring up a window which has a list of the available filters on the left hand side. Highlight the desired effect, for example, “Echo,” and then click on the “Add” button in the center of the screen to apply it to the clip. Some filters have additional options that can be accessed by pressing the “Options” button.