Digital images with a transparent background can be very useful for a designer.
A digital image with a transparent background can be very useful for business presentations and reports, for use on web pages, and for scrapbooking and paper crafts. The only image format that allows a transparent background is the GIF (Graphics Interchange Form) format, so you must save your Ulead PhotoImpact 7 original drawing in that format.
Make a GIF Image with a Transparent Background in Ulead PhotoImpact 7
1. Open the Ulead PhotoImpact image.
2. Select the “Web” drop-down menu and click “Image Optimizer.” In the Image Optimizer pop-up box, click the “Selected Objects” button and then click “OK.”
3. Click the “GIF” button located under the right side Preview window. (It is the second button from the right.)
4. Switch to the “Mask Options” tab and select “Pick Color” from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the “Add to Mask” eyedropper button. In the left Preview window, click the eyedropper on the color you want to make transparent.
6. Select the “GIF Options” tab and click the “Transparent” checkbox to generate a transparent background for your GIF image. The right side Preview window will now show a transparent checkerboard background.
7. Click the “Save As” button to save the GIF image with a transparent background.