Update Microsoft Photo Editor
Microsoft Photo Editor is a component of Microsoft Office that was discontinued in 2003. It is no longer available for purchase, but Microsoft frequently releases updates to their operating systems and software, so there may be patches or service packs available for the program. If your computer has automatic updates enabled, any applicable updates will be downloaded and installed behind the scenes. If you have disabled automatic updates on your system, there are a couple of simple ways to check for updates of your version of Microsoft Photo Editor.
Check for Updates
1. Click on the “Start” button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer screen. Type “Update” into the search field and click on “Windows Update” from the list of search results.
2. Click the “Check for Updates” button. Windows will connect to the Internet and check for any available updates for your operating system, Office programs and any other Windows software that you have installed on your computer. If there are any updates to Microsoft Photo Editor, they will begin to download immediately.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the updates.
Download Updates Manually
4. Go to the Microsoft Download Center.
5. Type “Microsoft Office (insert your version) service pack” into the search field at the top of the page.
6. Sort the results by date by clicking the “Released” column twice. This will organize the results so the most recent service pack releases are at the top.
7. Click on the name of the most recent service pack, then choose “Download” on the next page. If there are any updates to Microsoft Photo Editor, they will be included in the most recent Microsoft Office service pack.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the update.