The PSP 3000 is not only a portable gaming device, it is also a multimedia player. Videos can be transferred to the PSP 3000’s Memory Stick Duo. If you are having trouble playing your converted movies, the videos may be in an incompatible format, the Memory Stick may require formatting, the PSP 3000 may not have been in the correct mode when you transferred the video or the videos may not have been transferred to the correct folder.
1. Play the converted movie on your computer to make sure the video itself isn’t the problem. Connect the PSP 3000 to the computer with your USB cable. Click on the “Computer/My Computer” folder in the desktop start menu. Double-click the PSP drive folder and locate the converted movie. The movie should be in the PSP’s “VIDEO” folder. Double-click on it and verify that it plays on your computer.
2. Check the format of the converted movie. PSP 3000 can read and play videos formated in MP4 or AVI only. Right-click on the converted movie file in the PSP drive folder, select “Properties” and view the file type listed next to “Type of File” in Windows Explorer.
3. Format the Memory Stick Duo. If this is the first time you have used the Memory Stick, it will require formatting. To format, insert the Memory Stick Duo into the PSP 3000’s memory card slot. Power on the PSP, select “Settings” from the main menu. Select “System Settings,” and then select “Format Memory Stick.” Select “Yes” to format the memory stick when prompted. Press the “X” button when warned that all data on the Memory Stick will be deleted. The Memory Stick will be formatted, and the PSP will add its folder structure to the Memory Stick.
4. Place the PSP 3000 in USB mode. This is required before you can transfer content. Insert the Memory Stick Duo into the PSP 3000. Connect the PSP 3000 to the computer using its USB cable. Power on the PSP 3000. Click “Settings” on the PSP home screen. Select “USB Connection” in the settings menu.
5. Transfer the video to your PSP 3000 correctly. Insert the Memory Stick Duo into the PSP’s memory card slot. Connect the PSP to the computer with the USB cable. Click on the “Computer/My Computer” folder in the desktop start menu. Double-click the PSP drive folder. Located the converted movie on your computer. Drag the movie from its current location and drop it in the PSP’s “VIDEO” folder.
6. Turn on the PSP. Insert the Memory Stick. Select the “Video” icon on the PSP main menu. Select the “Memory Stick” icon. A thumbnail of all movies currently on the Memory Stick will display. Select the thumbnail of the movie you want to view.