Add Music to Your AVI Video
Personal computer owners can now readily edit videos as video editing software comes preinstalled on desktops and laptops. Windows Movie Maker and iMovie-the standard video editing programs on Windows and Mac OS-based computers, respectively-support the AVI format, so you do not need to purchase an AVI-compatible video editor to add music to an AVI video. Simply locate the AVI and digital music files you wish to merge and open your computer’s default video editing program to get started.
Windows Movie Maker
1. Open Windows Movie Maker and click “Import video” from the Capture menu in the left column. Choose the AVI video from the ensuing file browser.
2. Drag the video from the Collection window down to the timeline.
3. Click “Import audio or music” from the Capture Video menu. Choose the digital music file you wish to add to the AVI video from the ensuing file browser.
4. Drag the music file from the Collection window onto the AVI video clip in the timeline. Doing so adds the music file to the AVI video clip’s soundtrack.
5. Open iMovie and select “Import” from the File tab in the menu bar. Choose the AVI video from the ensuing file browser. Doing so adds the AVI video to the iMovie project window.
6. Click the “Music & Sound Effects” button beneath the iMovie clip viewer. Find the digital music file you wish to add to the AVI video from the ensuing file browser. You may also enter the music file‘s name into the file search field and locate it in the ensuing list.
7. Drag and drop the music file onto the AVI video clip in the project window. Doing so adds the music file to the AVI video clip’s soundtrack.