Move iMovie Files to Mini DV Tapes
IMovie is video editing software that comes as part of Apple’s iLife suite. IMovie allows users to edit footage and export it in multiple file formats to multiple locations. Older versions of iMovie came equipped with a function called “Export/save to camera.” In iMovie 9, however, this function does not exist. However, there is a workaround that can solve this problem.
1. Open your Web browser and type “http://support.apple.com/kb/DL362” into the URL bar or click on the first link in References below.
2. Click the “Download” button on the right of the screen. Double-click the disc image file and install the application.
3. Double-click the “iMovie HD 6” icon. Click “File” and then “Open.” Select the movie file you wish to export to your camera.
4. Connect the FireWire cable to your camera. Make sure a rewound DV tape is in the camera.
5. Connect the FireWire cable to your computer’s FireWire port. Make sure your camera is on and in the VTR mode. The computer will automatically detect the camera.
6. Open the “Share” menu in iMovie. Select “Videocamera.” Click the “Share” button.