Being able to increase a video’s size is useful when working with video clips from different sources. For example, if you’re creating a presentation that contains a series of videos, making the smaller clips bigger ensures that all the videos in the presentation are the same size. Use the shareware AVS Video Editor to make videos in your collection bigger. AVS Video Editor can resize most common video formats, including AVI, MOV, MP4 and 3GP.
1. Launch AVS Video Editor. Click “File” and select “Import Media.”
2. Double-click the video you want to make bigger. AVS Video Editor loads the video into its Media Library.
3. Right-click the imported video file and select “Properties.” Make a note of the numbers that appear next to Size in the Properties window that opens. The first number is the video’s width and the second number is its height. Close the Properties window.
4. Drag the video file from the Media Library section onto the first video track in the timeline at the bottom of the AVS Video Editor window and then click “Produce.”
5. Click “File” and then click “Next.” Click the format you want to output the video as. You can choose from the AVI, MPEG, WMV and MOV formats.
6. Click “Advanced.” Double-click the “Width” text field and type in a number that’s higher than the video’s original width. Repeat the process for the Height section.
7. Click “Next.” Click the “Folder” menu and then select the folder where you want to save the new video. Type a name for the video in the Name field.
8. Click “Create.” AVS Video Editor resizes the video and saves the new video in the specified location.