RealPlayer is a media player capable of playing videos and music in the format of MPEG-4, MP3, Windows Media and QuickTime. The My Library feature of the RealPlayer program allows you to easily organize music and video files in the application. The trimming feature of the library allows you to create still images of a particular part of a movie. This is beneficial if you wish to share one scene or image in a movie with family or friends or create a image file for yourself to use.
1. Launch RealPlayer. Click “Start” from the lower left of the desktop. Click “All Programs” and then click “RealPlayer.”
2. Click “View” from the top menu in RealPlayer and click “My Library.” A list of your videos is displayed in the library.
3. Right-click the video you wish to create a still image from and click “Trim.” The Trimmer window launches with a timeline of the video.
4. Click the “Pause” button at the point in the video in which you wish to capture the still image.
5. Hover your mouse over the video and click the “Save Picture” button.
6. Choose a location on your computer to save the image, create a name for the file and click “Save.”