Create and polish your videos using the iMovie app for the iPhone..
Whether you are an experienced video editor or an amateur making home movies, you can use the iMovie app for iPhone to create and polish your videos. With the iPhone’s HD camera, you can record video directly to your phone, and if you have music in your iPod app, you can add that to your video as well. Using iMovie may seem challenging at first, but the user interface is not really as complicated as it may appear.
1. Tap the iMovie app to open it. Tap the “+” button in the upper right corner of the application window to begin a new project.
2. Select a theme in the menu that appears. Each theme comes with its own music, which you can change later. You can change your theme later as well if you wish.
3. Tap the “Media Library” button in the lower left corner and select a video clip or photo that you want to add. You can also select audio here, but you can only select one song per video.
4. Tap the “Camera” button in the lower right corner to record video directly from the app.
5. Drag your finger through the “Timeline” at the bottom of the screen when you have added a few video clips. The red bar indicates your position. Press the “Play/Pause” button in the upper right corner to play from the position indicated by the red bar.
6. Tap and drag photos or video clips to rearrange them. Drag them off the timeline to delete them. Double-tap a video clip to adjust its settings. Tap a clip once and adjust the yellow lines at either end to adjust its duration. Double-tap a transition — the symbol in between clips — to change its settings.
7. Tap the “Projects View” button in the upper left corner when you are satisfied with your project and want to export it. Tap the “Share” button and select a size for your export.