Video capture hardware, which is used to record video on your computer, can be an internal card or an external device. One external device you can use with Windows XP is EasyCAP from Ulead. It connects via USB. However, you must install software drivers before you can begin using EasyCAP.
1. Insert the installation CD into the CD/DVD drive on your computer. Click “Next” when the Windows Installer window appears. Follow on-screen instructions.
2. Click “Finish” when the installation is complete.
3. Download the EasyCAP software drivers file and save it to your desktop. Double-click “STK116Drivers.zip” to view its contents.
4. Double-click the “Setup.exe” file to install the updated drivers on your system.
5. Insert EasyCAP into a USB port on your computer. Windows XP will recognize the new device and install the drivers.
6. Reboot your computer and wait for the operating system to load.
7. Double-click on the “Ulead” icon. Select the option for “Capture/Capture Video/Source” to verify that the software is working properly.