DVD drives often come with disks that contain software that enhances your DVD viewing experience or increases the efficiency with which you can burn DVDs. This article will explain install that software so you can get the most out of your DVD drive.
Installing DVD Drive Software
1. Insert the disk that came with the DVD drive into the computer’s disk drive.
2. Click on “Open” when you are prompted to do so and an installation wizard will appear to guide you through the process. If an installation wizard doesn’t open, click on “Start.”
3. Click on “Computer” or “My Computer.”
4. Click on the disk drive that contains the software-installation disk to open it. The installation wizard will appear.
5. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
6. Accept the software’s “End User License Agreement” (if you don’t, the installation will be nullified).
7. If prompted to register your software, you should do so at the point of installation. The installed software may have locked features that are only accessible to registered users.
8. Once the installation wizard is finished, restart your computer to allow the changes to take affect, even if you aren’t prompted to take this action. This should complete your DVD software installation.