Take videos on the iPhone using the built-in Camera application.
Once you make a video with one of the iPhone’s two cameras, the video saves on the device’s memory. If you want to remove that video from the iPhone and place it on a computer for sharing, editing and storage, you must connect the iPhone to the computer and transfer the file over. The process is slightly different depending on the operating system you are using but, in each case, it takes just a few steps.
1. Connect the iPhone to the computer via the USB connection cable that came with the device. Click the “Finder” icon on the computer’s dock, followed by the “Applications” folder. Double-click the “iPhoto” application icon to launch the application.
2. Click on the iPhone that appears beneath the “Devices” heading in the iPhoto application window. Click on the video you want to get off the iPhone to highlight it.
3. Click the “Import Selected” button to import the video to the computer. Allow several minutes for the import process to finish. When the video is finished importing, you will be asked whether or not you want to delete the video from the iPhone’s memory. Click the “Delete Photos” button to delete the video and click the “Keep Photos” button to keep the video. When you are finished, disconnect the iPhone from the computer.
4. Connect the iPhone to the computer via the USB connection cable that came with the device.
5. Click the “Start” button and select the “Computer” option. The iPhone should be listed there as “NAME’s iPhone” — “NAME” representing the iPhone owner’s name. Double-click on the iPhone’s icon to view the pictures and videos on the device.
6. Click the video you want to transfer off the iPhone to highlight it. Drag the video onto the computer’s desktop to transfer the video onto the computer. Allow several minutes for the transfer process to finish. Disconnect the iPhone from the computer.