The Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2 has a user friendly interface that allows users to import, edit, preview and export their videos with ease. The Windows Movie Maker 2 is useful for both personal or commercial projects, even if you do not have significant video editing experience. If you use the Windows XP or Vista operating systems, you can download the Windows Movie Maker 2 free of charge from the “CNET Downloads” website.
1. Visit the CNET Downloads website.
2. Click in the search bar located in the top-right corner of the home page and type “Windows Movie Maker 2″ and press the red magnifying glass icon or hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard to begin the search.
3. Scroll down until you see the file titled “Windows Movie Maker (Windows XP)” and “Windows Movie Maker (Windows Vista).” The Windows XP version should be version 2.1 while the Windows Vista should be version 2.6.
4. Click on the “Download Now” link to the right of the download title. Be sure to choose the right version for your operating system.
5. Wait for the CNET site to initiate the download process. The download should begin automatically within a few seconds. If it does not, click the “Click Here” link next to the section labeled “No Download?”
6. Find the downloaded Windows Movie Maker program file on your computer. Double-click on the file’s icon and follow the wizard’s steps to install the program.