With free podcasting software and a microphone, your podcasting kit is complete.
If you want to start producing a podcast, but you don’t want to invest a lot of money in software, free podcast recording software is available online. Audacity and Wild Voice Studio, both offer free podcast recording program downloads. With an inexpensive microphone, a free download and a bit of time, you will be on your way to publishing downloadable podcasts on the Internet.
Download Audacity Free Podcasting Software
1. Visit the Audacity web page located at audacity.sourceforge.net.
2. Click the “Download” tab near the top of the screen. From the download section, you will be able to select from the most recent full version of Audacity, the most recent beta version of Audacity, as well as options for Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems. Select version of Audacity that corresponds with your computer’s operating system. If you don’t mind the occasional bug, you can select the beta version of Audacity. However, keep in mind, it is not a finished product, so it will likely be somewhat buggy, and it will undergo changes prior to release.
3. Click the Audacity installer hyperlink located below the “System Requirements” after selecting your operating system. This step is the same for Windows and Mac users, but Linux users will have to select their download from a list of individual hosts. Click “Save File” when prompted by the download pop-up. Double click the Audacity file when the download is complete to begin installation. Once installed, you are ready to record podcasts with the free Audacity audio editor.
Download Wild Voice Studio Free Podcasting Software
4. Visit Wild Voice Studio’s home page at wildvoice.com.
5. Scroll down the page to the “How Can I get WildVoice Studio” blog post. Click on the “WildVoice Podcast Studio Installer” link. This takes you to a CNET download.com page that hosts WildVoice Studio. Click the “Download Now” button on the left hand side of the screen. You will be redirected to another page that automatically launches the download. Press “Save File” when the pop-up prompts you to save the “WildVoiceStudio.Exe” file. A direct link to the CNET download.com page that hosts WildVoice Studio is available in the resource section.
6. Double-click the “WildVoiceStudio.Exe” file when your download is complete to extract the file and complete the installation process.