An easy way to share documents among friends or associates with varying operating systems and software packages is in portable document format (PDF). Anyone with a PDF reading program can launch and view the document. If you find it is necessary to edit a PDF document, you can do so with the appropriate software by following a few simple steps.
1. Launch the PDF document that you want to edit using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
2. Left-click once on the “Document” drop-down menu, once on “OCR Text Recognition” and select the “Recognize Text Using OCR” option. This will generate a pop-up window asking you to identify which pages of the document you want to complete the text recognition process for. Choose from the “Current page” or “From page” options. Click once on the “OK” button.
3. Left-click once on the “Tools” drop-down menu after the text recognition process has completed. Click once on “Advanced Editing” and select the “TouchUp Text Tool” option.
4. Highlight the word or words that you want to edit in the PDF document, using the cursor.
5. Type the corrected or additional text directly into the document. You can also delete the highlighted text by using the “Delete” key. As you type toward the right of the page, you might notice that any text that you add to the original document will not wrap. It will continue off the page. That noted, be aware of your space limitations.
6. Save any changes you make. Save the edited PDF with a new name to preserve the integrity of the original document.