The Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) is a framework developed by the United States Department of Defense to help standardize online training and e-learning. SCORM is XML-based and allows courses to be shared across different types of learning management systems (LMSs). To edit a SCORM course, you must first upload it to the LMS and have editing privileges on your account.
1. Log into the LMS with an account that has editing privileges.
2. Click “Curriculum,” then select “Courses” from the drop-down menu.
3. Select “Add Course,” then “Import Course” to navigate to the course import screen.
4. Click the “Browse” button to browse your computer for a SCORM course file.
5. Double-click the file to upload it. Once the course is uploaded, it will become a “Pending Course.”
6. Click “Pending Courses,” then click “Edit” to navigate to an edit screen. Here you can fill out a form with information about your uploaded course, such as the course name, source, category, course number and instructor.
7. Click the “Update” button to complete the edits to your course.