Android users who are typing a text message or instant message into a dialogue box may find it necessary to edit the text they’ve entered in a certain way. There are a few methods you can edit dialogue text in Android, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. By learning edit Android dialogue boxes, you can more efficiently use the platform for conversations.
1. Tap the Android dialogue box that contains the text you want to edit.
2. Tap once quickly to display a “tag.” You can drag this tag to more specifically place the cursor inside the box.
3. Double-tap text to select it. Two tags will appear — one at the beginning of the text and one at the end. You can drag these two tags to change the amount of text that is selected.
4. Press on selected text to show the cut, copy and paste options.
5. Tap the “Delete” button to delete any selected text. If no text is selected, the delete button will delete one character to the left of the cursor.