Edit your MPEG video with Windows Live Movie Maker.
If you have an MPEG video, you can edit it with a video-editing program. Windows Live Movie Maker is a free video-editing program that comes with Windows operating systems by default. This video-editing program allows you to add more features to your videos, such as text, animations, transitions and audio.
1. Run Windows Live Movie Maker. Click “Start,” “All Programs” and open Windows Live Movie Maker.
2. Add your MPEG video to Windows Live Movie Maker. Click the “Home” tab and select “Add Videos and Photos.”
3. Select a video from your computer and click “Open.”
4. Add special effects and transitions to your video. Click the “Animations” tab. You are able to select various animations and transitions. You can add a specific transition for each clip. To add a transition for all clips, click “Apply to All.”
5. Add colors and special effects to your movie. To add special effects, select a video segment and click on the special effect you want to add. To add a special effect for all clips, click “Apply to All.”
6. Click the “Edit” tab to modify the contents in your video. You are able to change the duration, split video, trim video segments and adjust background color.
7. Click the “Format” tab to add or edit text in your video. You can modify the font, transparency and the animation of the text.
8. Save your MPEG file to your computer. Click the “Windows Live Movie Maker” orb on the top of the screen and click “Save Movie.” Select “For Computer” and click “Save.”