Download video from the Internet onto your digital camera.
Uploading a video from a digital video camera to the Internet is common but It is also possible to download a video from the Internet onto a digital video camera. Perhaps you would like to view the video on your camera while you are traveling on a plane or taxi. Maybe you would like to show the video to a friend or co-worker at a later time. With a little effort, videos can be downloaded from the internet onto your digital video camera.
1. Download manager software makes it easy to save web videos
Download a “download manager.” This is a software program which enables you to download and arrange web videos. A free download manager can be found at the “Realplayer” website.
2. Locate a video by typing relevant information in the search bar.
Choose a video to download. Go to a video sharing website such as “YouTube” or “Vimeo”. Type some details about the video you are looking for in the website’s search bar. Type the name of a song or artist if you are searching for a song. Scroll through the different choices and click on the video you want to download.
3. Begin playing the video by clicking the right arrow.
Play the video. Click on the arrow at the bottom of the video display screen. The video will begin to play.
4. Download the video from the Internet.
Download the video onto your computer. Scroll your mouse over the video that is playing. A small pop-up box appears which says “Download this video”. Click on it. A downloader pop-up box appears and the video will start to download. Watch the progress bar. Your video will be downloaded onto your computer when the progress bar reaches the end.
5. Find the downloaded video file on your computer.
Locate the downloaded video file on your computer. Access your download manager software and look in it’s “Library” for the video or click the start icon at the lower left corner of your desktop screen and type the name of the video in the “Search programs and files” search bar.
6. Convert the video files to a compatible format.
Convert the saved “FLV” (“YouTube”) file to an “AVI” (“Windows”) file using a file converter. A file converter is a software program that changes one type of file into another. Download a free file converter from the “Koyotesoft” website or the “CNET” website.
7. Download free video editing software.
Import the “AVI” video file into video editing software. Access software. Click on “Import video”. Download a free version of “Windows Movie Maker” at the “Microsoft” website if needed.
8. Connect the firewire cable and arrange camera settings.
Set up camera. Connect one end of the “Firewire” cable to the port on the video camera. Connect the other end of the cable to the port on the computer. Put video camera into VCR mode. Cue the tape to a location where you want to begin recording (if using tapes).
9. Export video to video camera. Drag video file in video editor to the time-line at the bottom of screen. Click “send to DV camera” (on “Moviemaker”) or click “file” then click on “Export video” for other editors. A pop-up box appears with a progress bar. Watch the progress bar. When it reaches 100 percent the video is downloaded to your camera.
10. Play the downloaded video on your camera.
Review video on camera. Press “Rewind” on the camera to bring the tape to the start of video (if using tapes). Press “Play”. View the video on LCD screen.