Downloadable content allows for custom playlists within Guitar Hero III.
If you own “Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock” for the Microsoft Xbox 360, you are able to access extra downloadable content (“DLC”), which will allow you to play custom setlists of your favorite songs. From death metal to 80s synthpop, you can control your playing and listening experience through the additional purchase of tracks from the Xbox LIVE service.
1. Start your Xbox 360 console, and sign into Xbox LIVE with your gamertag.
2. Cycle through the main menu, navigating until you find the “Music Marketplace” heading. Within this heading, find and select the “Music Games and Stores” option.
3. Cycle the menu upwards, locating the “All Music Games” heading. Within this category, locate and select “Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.”
4. Browse through the song titles and track packs listed. Make your selection and continue to the purchase screen. Click “Confirm Download.” The transaction will be completed, and the download of your songs will begin. Wait for the entire file to download.
5. Place your “Guitar Hero III” disc into the Xbox 360 and run the game. The system will automatically detect the downloaded songs and will add them to your setlist for play.