Create the strongest tools in Minecraft with a handful of diamonds and a few sticks.
Minecraft is a sandbox crafting game in which players gather resources and use those resources to create materials and tools for use in building intricate structures in the game world. The strongest type of tool in Minecraft are those made of diamond, the rarest resource in the game world. Diamond tools last longer and break down blocks at a faster rate than any other tool in the game.
1. Collect a few blocks of wood, which you find in trees and can collect with any tool, including your fists.
2. Open your Inventory and place the blocks of wood in a single square of the 2×2 crafting grid to turn them into four wooden planks. Right-click the wooden planks in the square next to the crafting grid to create the planks and then place them in your Inventory. Right-click multiple times to create multiple stacks.
3. Place two wooden planks in your 2×2 crafting grid, one on top of the other, to create four sticks. Right-click the sticks to create them and place them in your inventory. Each tool in Minecraft requires two sticks except for the sword, which requires only one.
4. Gather eight cobblestone and some coal to create a working furnace, and three iron ores to create an iron pickaxe. Right-click your crafting table to open the 3×3 crafting grid. If you don’t have one, open your Inventory and place four wooden planks in the 2×2 crafting grid. Place the resulting crafting table on your action bar, select it, and aim anywhere on the ground. Left-click to place the crafting table.
5. Place eight cobblestone in the crafting table’s 3×3 grid, filling every square except for the center to make a furnace. Move the furnace onto your action bar, then aim at the ground and right-click to place it. Right-click the furnace to open it, then place the coal in the square underneath the furnace icon. Place the iron ore in the square above the coal. When the iron ore has finished smelting, you’ll have iron ingots.
6. Right-click your crafting table to open the 3×3 grid. Place a stick in the bottom-middle square, a stick in the middle square, and three iron ingots along the top row to craft an iron pickaxe. You’ll need this iron pickaxe to gather diamonds.
7. Collect diamonds. You’ll find diamond ores deep under the world’s surface–within 20 blocks of the indestructible substrate–and can only break them down with a pickaxe made of iron, gold or diamond. A diamond tool requires from one to three diamonds.
8. Place a stick in the bottom-middle square of the 3×3 crafting grid and two diamonds in the squares above, filling the middle column, to craft a diamond sword. Replace the diamond in the center square with another stick to turn the sword into a shovel. To turn that shovel into a hoe, add another diamond in the top-left square. Add a third diamond to the top-right square so that the top row is all diamonds, to craft a diamond pickaxe. To craft a diamond axe, move the top-left diamond to the square underneath the top-right diamond. Drag and drop your crafted tool from the result square into your Inventory.