Sometimes you will need to export and convert your Final Cut Pro sequence to an HD AVI format for uploading to the Internet or to a portable media device. Final Cut Pro allows for exporting to several types of video formats using its “QuickTime Conversion” export option. From here, users can customize their video’s size and dimensions. Allow several minutes for your video to convert to HD AVI, based on your computer’s processing speed.
1. Launch Final Cut Pro and wait for the program to load.
2. Locate your input movie file in Windows Explorer. Drag and drop its icon straight into Final Cut Pro’s main timeline.
3. Click “File” > “Export Using QuickTime Conversion” to enter the “Movie Settings” page.
4. Click the “Size…” button in the “Movie Settings” window. Choose the “HD 1920 x 1080 (16:9)” option and click “OK.”
5. Press the “Settings” button in the “Movie Settings” window. Click the “Compression Type” drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select the “AVI” output option. Click “OK.”
6. Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen. Enter a name for your video in the pop-up window and a save location on your computer. Click “OK” to begin the conversion process.