Roxio software is a general term for several audio and video programs, including Popcorn, Toast, and Roxio Creator. According to the company’s website, they offer “consumer digital media creation applications.” A Roxio audio file refers to any audio file that Roxio supports; if you want to convert an audio file to MP3, you can use software native to your PC, including Windows Media Player, which you can set to import and convert audio to WAV, MP3, and WMA files. If you have an audio file not supported by Windows Media Player, you can try other options, including iTunes and Zamzar (which requires no software). Note that converting audio to MP3 may result in some loss of audio quality, due to compression standards.
Windows Media Player
1. Download and install WMP (if you don’t already have the program). Agree to the licensing terms and launch the software.
2. Add your files to the WMP library and click on the “Library” panel. Click the “Burn List” option.
3. Drag your newly imported songs into the “Burn List” from the WMP library and insert a blank CD.
4. Click the “Start Burn” button and check to make sure “Audio CD” is selected. Wait for the CD to complete burning.
5. Select “Options” from the “Tools” menu and click the “Rip Music” tab. Choose “MP3” from the rip setting options and click “OK.”
6. Navigate back to the WMP Library and click the “Rip” tab. Choose the “Rip” option to begin importing your CD back into WMP as MP3 audio.
7. Download and install iTunes. Agree to the licensing terms and open.
8. Select “Add to Library” from the “Edit” menu to locate your audio files in the pop-up window and open them in iTunes.
9. Click “Edit” and choose “Preferences.” Press the “Import Settings” button and choose “MP3 Encoder” from the drop-down list of options. Click “OK” twice to exit back to the iTunes library.
10. Right-click your newly imported song and select “Create MP3 Version.” Your new MP3 will automatically appear below your old audio file.
11. Launch your web browser and direct it to Zamzar.com.
12. Click the “Browse…” button under “Step 1” to direct Zamzar to your stored audio files. Zamzar will upload them directly from your computer.
13. Choose “MP3” from the output format options, located under “Step 2.”
14. Enter your email address in the box under “Step 3,” so Zamzar can notify you when the conversion is complete.
15. Click “Convert” to begin the conversion process. Zamzar will send you an email with a link to visit where you can download the newly converted audio.