Convert MTS Video Format to AVI
When you record video footage on an AVCHD digital camcorder, the captured footage appears as an MTS video file, a format most media players and video-editing programs don’t recognize. If you have MTS video files that you want to use with computer applications or transfer to a media device, such as an MP3 player, you must first convert the files to a more common video format, such as AVI. The Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter works with Windows and Macs.
1. Go to the Moyea website listed in the “Resources” section of this article. Download and install either the Mac or Windows version of the Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter depending on your operating system.
2. Launch the Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter program on your computer.
3. Click on the “Add” button to select the MTS video files that you want to convert. Browse for the MTS files in the window that comes up and click “Open” to pull them into the converter.
4. Use the menu next to “Format” to choose an output file type. Select AVI from the list of options.
5. Convert the files by clicking on the convert button, which looks like a large play button. It is in the lower right corner of the screen. A message will appear when the conversion is complete.
Aiseesoft MTS Converter
6. Download MTS Converter from the HD Video-Converter website listed in the “Resources” section of this article. Install the program to your system.
7. Open the Aiseesoft MTS Converter on your computer.
8. Click the “Add File” button to browse your system for the MTS file or files that you want to convert. Once you locate the files, press “Open.”
9. Leave the first box next to “Profile” at the default setting of “All Profiles”. Use the pull-down list in the second box by “Profile” to select “AVI”.
10. Press the red “Start” button to begin the conversion process. A message will appear when the file conversion is finished.