How do I Connect a PV-GS80 Mini Cam to a PC?
If you have a Panasonic PV-GC80 digital camcorder, you can easily download movies you shoot with it to your personal computer. You can then use your favorite movie editing software to add music or captions, trim sections of the movie you do not need or want or even add special effects.
Connecting your PV-GC80 camcorder to your PC is a breeze. From start to finish, the entire process should not take you more than a couple of minutes.
1. Plug the end of the DV Interface cable with the small end into the PC-GC80 camcorder, then plug the other end into the FireWire port on your computer.
2. Set the power switch to the “On” position, then set the camcorder to “Playback” mode by turning the “Mode” dial.
3. Wait for Windows to detect the camera and to configure the camera for use with your operating system.
4. Open your video editing software. Select “Import Video” or similar menu option to allow the program to download video from the camcorder.
5. Press the “Playback” button in the middle of the joystick on the “Mode” dial.
6. Wait for the editing software to import the video file from the camera.