Import video information using a USB cable.
When you record content with an RCA video camera, there are a couple methods available to import the content to a computer. Through the aid of video editing software, you can capture the video content using a FireWire or USB connection. Although not all computers come with FireWire ports, almost all systems do have several USB ports on the computer.
1. Plug the USB data cable into the USB port on the side of the RCA video camera. Connect the opposite end of the cable into the USB port on the computer.
2. Power on the RCA video camera and set it to “Playback” mode.
3. Launch the video editor installed on the computer. Use the RCA Memory Manager software that came with your camcorder, or use iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.
4. Select “Capture,” then choose your connected RCA camera.
5. Click “Record” and the video editor captures the video content from your RCA camera. Click “Stop” to stop the capture.