Putting your home movies on YouTube allows family members easy access to the videos.
Making films for YouTube can seem like a daunting process. If you have some home movie clips you want to put together to show others, knowing attach movie clips together for YouTube will let you upload them all at once. This will not only make for a more entertaining viewing experience, but it will also ensure that you don’t forget to upload an important clip.
1. Load your video editing software, such as Windows Movie Maker, iMovie or Nero Vision. Start a new video session by clicking the “Edit New Movie” option or clicking the “File” menu and selecting “New.” Open Windows Explorer (or Finder in Mac OS X) and browse to the folder where your movie clips are saved. Drag and drop the first of the clips into your video editing software.
2. Click on the software’s editing tools to edit the video, add titles or any other add-ons. At this stage, cut out any footage from the video clip that you do not want to include in your final movie. When done, drag the next video into your software and drop it into the timeline after your current video.
3. Edit the new video and cut out any portions you do not require by using the “In” and “Out” points, by using the “Cut” tool or by highlighting the portion of the video you do not want in the timeline and pressing delete. Consult the manual of your editing software on the precise means of cutting and editing, as it differs from program to program.
4. Click the “File” menu and select “Save” when you have finished editing together the clips you want to upload. Select the “AVI”, “MOV” or “WMV” file format, as these are all compatible with YouTube. Browse to the folder where you want to save the finished video and give the video a memorable file name. Click “OK” to save it.
5. Upload the video onto YouTube by following the on-screen upload directions.